Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Father of Carbs

Hope everyone is doing well on this rainy Wednesday evening. The Pittsburgh Penguins are playing, and like a good 'dieter' I am staying in and having ONE glass of white wine compared to the drink specials offered by Carson City Tavern. Which encourages Penguin fans to go there and in honor of any home player that scores a great drink special is incorporated. Penguin game viewers always leave there feeling fabulous and waking up hungover. It ends up that you either drink to celebrate or drink because you're depressed they lost. It is most defintely an experience if you are a first time visitor in Pittsburgh and it's Pens hockey season.


Anyway, Dancing with the Stars was interesting last night, along with my addiction, Lost.

Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel got the boot and I was bummed. It was great to see a curvy girl go so far. Nash has a fabulous personality and just seems genuine. She started the season saying she didn't want to lose any weight but I do think she slimmed down a slight bit. Either that or the stylist did her well.



I'm just glad she stayed longer than Kate Gosselin, I mean c'mon. That lady was just asking for someone to talk bad about her. Such drama. Jon, stay away, she's a monster.

Anyway my topic for this evening is a thing that we face everyday. I noticed it today and have always experienced a large depth of ocean of ideas accompanying the thoughts of it. Decisions.

Yes, thats right. Decisions.

Today I have FAILED miserably at my vegan lifestyle. However I did stay completely vegetarian today. I woke up bright and early and decided to start the day off with Eat n' Park. In the car on the way there I already had it in my mind,

"Egg whites and fruit."

I kept telling myself over and OVER. I ordered just that with hot tea. It was healthy and all protein. I struggle with the idea that eggs are not legit with The Kind Diet. Eggs are filled with protein and theres so much benefit from them. I beg to differ, Alicia.

Anyway I made my DECISIONS and ordered nice and healthy. While I was eating I couldn't help but think, when it comes to dieting and even life...We are surrounded by decisions. You decide to wake up and get out of bed. You decide whether or not to shower, or work out. Everything we do and exactly how we function is all based on decisions we can or cannot make. My diet crashed and burned today because in the midst of moving my boyfriend into my house with me, I was bombarded with the idea of an easy meal, pizza.

How wonderful is that creation? You call a man and TRUST he is going to make you a top choice pizza, and decide to put your entire diet in the hands of a complete stranger. It's like the pill example I used yesterday. We never take random pills from a stranger just expecting they are going to rid us of a headache unless we KNOW what it is made of. Why do we treat food any different? Anyway, the pizza was phenomonal. I ate like three pieces, left the crust and picked at a veggie hoagie. In the midst of being lazy and hungry I CHOSE to eat like hell. God I should have just snacked on some carrots or something. I think I will just make up for it tomorrow by running an extra mile or seven.

Do you see what I mean. We have the entire opportunity to eat this....



Or this....



One tastes delicious and the other tastes like water and well, celery.... its hard to describe that taste.

I actually do like celery...... If its accompanied with peanut butter or blue cheese till then, I will just be forcing it down plain.... What a battle to fight!


A decision is such a small thing, when it comes to food. It should be like adding 2+2, you don't need to think, you just know It equals 4 or you should just get something healthy and nutritious. But of course the food Satan has to come and tempt all of us to make the wrong choices towards pizza, potato skins or just a large filet mignon. They should have a food bible. Where they fight off the evil foods that create sins and encourage healthy food which will open the gates to eternal skinny-ness.

Our Father,
Who aren't in melted cheese
whole grains be my name
Thy skinny-ness come,
or thy will be plump, on carbs
as I wish I could in heaven
Give us this day
as much bread and white flour as possible
And forgive us our
trespasses with cheese
as it trespasses against us
And My God Let us avoid temptation
But deliver us away from red bull and chocolate
Amen.

2 comments: