Friday, May 14, 2010

Failed Miserably

Well.

Today has been quite interesting and will make for an intriguing entry today. I found this GREAT looking recipe in Alicia's book with rice couscous and veggies. So i prepped for it all day. Bought the veggies a day ago, and the rice and cut them all up. I cracked open a bottle of camenere red wine, which is perfectly complimenting vegetables because it is VERY full bodied. Anyway, I cut everything up and started roasting the vegetables. I was so excited. I felt like a master in the kitchen.....Once i started cooking the rice I knew it was going to be a great night. Compliments left and right and all of those great things that make you feel like a better person, just because you can 'cook'.

Depressingly, it turned out opposite. No one warned me that rice couscous tasted like.... well, uh.... shit. I LOVE rice. You're talking to the girl who would eat rice as her midnight snack growing up. However, this time things were different much different. and OF COURSE I decided to mix in all of the vegetables and get everything going. Oh lord.



How pretty does that look? I paired it with a spinach salad and had apples and walnuts and some other left over veggies in it. It looks so pretty doesn't it?

Yea. It didn't taste that pretty. I didn't a type of rice could have that terrible of a flavor. I used the vegetable broth Alicia called for as well and that i think did it in for good. It tasted DREADFUL. After two bites and finishing my spinach salad I knew it was game over. My boyfriend, the trooper that he is, fought through the terrible results and now is experiencing some discomfort accompanied with stomach aches/pains. I'm pretty sure that recipe went to shit and back.

I feel like a failure.

And to top it off, out of anger, hunger, and complete exhaustion, I ordered a salad from Giovanni's. It will do for now. No meat, no cheese. Just good old lettuce and veggies. In the meantime, I am drowning in my failure with Jeopardy. Friends, do not opt to the rice couscous unless you are entirely aware of what it tastes like and if you would like it. Not every meal is going to be perfect, I guess the most I can say is.... at least I tried.


How depressing.

3 comments:

  1. thats hilarious! at least it looked pretty, and since you didn't eat, did you double up on the wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eden do not get discouraged!! I love cous cous, but maybe the kind you got was bad..hmmm i dont know. I will show you some of my favorite recipes when we get together, you will looovveee them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I def had to double up on wine! and thank you Jamie I need some motivation!!!!

    ReplyDelete